Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 3 of Living My Dream


Today we are jumping forward to the summer of 2009. I was still home schooling 2 of the girls and we were still working on my building. We thought it would be a good idea to put a little pond in the front so Dad and my daughter and her boyfriend spent the day digging the hole for the large tub. Once it had been leveled out Dad delivered a large load of mulch and we worked together to get it looking good.

 
How wonderful it was to have that project done. Sometimes when Mom and I would go shopping we would come home to find Dad just sitting in the shed in a chair. When we would ask him why he didn't go in the house he would say he liked sitting out there. I had an old green stuffed chair and he would sit there and rest. He was in need of a hip replacement and he would find relief while resting there.
When they would head to Florida each winter I would sit in that chair with my coat and hat and mittens and I would think about all we had done. I would think about how much help they had given to me. I would miss them terribly and I would wonder. I would wonder what I would do with this building as my children finished home schooling.
Sometimes Mom and I would talk about what kind of business we would have...sometimes we would just enjoy the building.
This is a reminder of how far we had come...this is what was left of our old building after the snow storm..this is where we began..we didn't yet know where we were going.

No comments: