Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 21 of Living my Dream...the next thing

 As I was working today I was thinking about all the pieces of furniture that are now gone. My poor little shop has lost most of her furniture. What a treat it was that everyone loved the furniture but oh my. I did not have my camera with me but I will show you some of the ones that are gone. This big beautiful hutch is now gone..
 the beautiful dresser is gone...
 all the blue furniture is gone...
tree and desk gone..
 my little old hollywood stand is gone..
and chevron...also gone.
  My goodness there is not much to show you but I will take pictures tomorrow so you can see for yourself.
  It has been a blessing but not I am back to work. I am on the search for more furniture and more things for the shop. Today we moved a few things around and started to clean up the mess.
  I am so thankful for everything and now we begin again. Not only is it fun it is challenging too!
  I am trying not to think about how difficult it was to see everything leaving. I am not as sad as I had feared. I thought it would be depressing but honestly it is a challenge to me. I am wondering what I can do with what is left and what can I find.
  I am having an interesting journey and although my shop opened this is not the end this is just the beginning. Right now I am looking for more furniture and inventory but I am thinking of all the changes I want to make for the spring. I am thinking of all the ways I could make the sale better and what else we could add to make it interesting for our customers.
  For now I will work on organizing and cleaning and decorating but I am still dreaming, dreaming of what the next step will be!

3 comments:

sweetvintageofmine said...

Congratulations on a wonderful opening event the first few days!! Your shop is filled with beautiful lovelies!! No wonder so many pieces SOLD! Do you have a FB page? LOVE the name of your shop and the stories you have given us with your heart about your Mother.....I so enjoyed. Blessings~~~Roxie

Unknown said...

Love it! It is funny, when we put love into the things that we craft, it is hard to give them up. But it does feel good to know that it is going to a home where someone loves it as well. I loved your post about your mom! I had tears in my eyes! I look forward to hearing what is next! I am praying!

Heather

Gumbo Lily said...

Think of the happy customers who are enjoying those beautiful pieces of furniture re-created with your loving hands. That is exciting.