Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Never-Ending Make-over.

I felt so bad about leaving you without the results yesterday so I started working on the finish today. I had primed it yesterday and taken out the front panels. Once it dried I decided to give it a couple of coats of paint.
After the second coat of paint it was getting very muggy and there was rolling thunder in the background. Things started to get sticky and the drying time took forever.
I did get a coat of glaze on but that was it for today. It was just too sticky to finish...but the best is yet to come! I am so sorry that there is not a finish again today but it was just impossible! I do have it distressed and I am happy with it so far but the details will be it's beauty!!!
I did get the primer on another piece that was waiting in the garage.
I think I have decided on dark gray with white drawers for this one!
And just to make things all better...a beauty!

2 comments:

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, I'm enjoying your makeovers. I'm an Ohio farm girl too in sw Ohio. I'd love to have you visit my blog, too!
Melinda

Unknown said...

Awwww, Dianntha. I feel bad about putting a guilt trip on you and making your painting sticky. Sorry...

But I am soooo excited to see what you do! Because you are giving that piece of furniture a new life. Like you said, many people have that piece( not me. I wish!)- here is a great way to show people how to make it better! Are you putting the panels of wood back in?

Awwww. I hope the weather is good tomorrow! I'll be back! ;)

Love, Heather