Friday, August 9, 2013

Make-Over is Complete...After Your Long Wait!

Ladies, the wait is over. Today I get to share my make-over!! It is a beautiful day in Ohio and I drug this piece of furniture outside so it would dry better. The last post showed you the before pictures and the priming and painting and the staining were all just  starting!
I did not want this piece to resemble a vegetable bin and I hope you think that it has a new face lift! I used scrapbook paper for the front of the small doors. I used Mod Podge to attach it to the wood fronts. The top door I used sticky back canvas from Studio. I loved how easy it was to work with. I could not decide if I wanted to stamp something one it but then I fell in love with this flower and I knew that it was the answer!

 I put burlap on the inside of the door and the back. I thought it might be fun to display it with the door open but as you can see the Mod Podge is still wet so I will have to wait for that to happen.
 I changed out the handles with these cute little distressed flowers.



 And I had a piece of wood trim that I placed on the top for just a touch of something new.
 I know some of you have been waiting, so what do you think??? I hope you are pleasantly surprised with the make-over. I am more than happy with it! The copper panel fronts are now in the trash and this new look is so much better!
  Hope it was worth the wait!
http://whipperberry.com/2013/08/friday-flair-link-party-features-no-7.html
http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-sweet-home-131.html
http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2013/08/share-your-creativity-90/

11 comments:

Phyllis @Around the House said...

The piece is just so sweet, I love the way you put the different designes on the front of each bin...it has turned out so pretty and so useful, what a great job you did...come on over for a visit..a farm girl will love my jungle

Merry Wind Farm said...

Very nice makeover...what will you store in it?
Melinda

The Causal Craftlete said...

What a great makeover! It doesn't resemble a potato bin at all. Love the paint and scrapbook papers. The little handles are darling.

Katie @thecasualcraftlete.com

Unknown said...

Yipppeeee! I LOVE IT! SOOOOOOOO much better than the original. Loving the burlap inside. Just so beautiful!!!! See, I would not have the creativity to know what to add. All I know is paint and distress. You brought so many elements to it. I love the burlap trend- Burlap and whites. Love it!

Thank you for sharing it! You are such a creative and talented lady, Dianntha!

Love and huge hugs!
Heather

Gumbo Lily said...

Great improvement! It would be fun to store kitchen linens, dish towels, napkins and stuff in it. Great job.

cynthia lee designs said...

Great makeover...love it!!
Hope you have a great weekend.

Cindy

thepaintedapron.com said...

What a great piece! It has so much character! Love the flower pulls!
Jenna

Unknown said...

Love your little Redo! Adorable.. stopped by from share your creativity.. Girl go grab those copper panels from the Trash. Repurpose them seriously... right now, copper cost a fortune and has so many uses,... or you could just send them my way..

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

AMAZING! Love it!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

The piece is so adorable and I can see many ways to use it. Great transformation!
xx,
Sherry

TamaraP. said...

So cute!!!