Friday, August 23, 2013

Remembering...and a Business is Born!



 Today was two years since I lost my Mom, two years since she entered the gates of Heaven. It has been the most heartbreaking time. I spent most of my days with my Mom, she has influenced every aspect of my life. She was gentle and kind was full of artistry. As a painter, she shared her view of the world, as a Mother she shared her love and all her belongings.
 She taught me to be who I am and I honor her by never forgetting the life lessons she taught me. She mothered me even as an adult. Without her I have been wondering through me days wondering what I was suppose to do next. I had told my Mom that I wanted to own a store and we had talked about what that would be like and what I would carry in my store. I knew she would be right beside me the whole way. My parents put a barn up on my property a few years ago. If you have been following my blog then you will remember the picture during the summer of 2008. In that barn is where I thought my business would begin..we spoke of it often. So, two years after she went to Heaven, I will be opening a business. The Vyntage Barn will open in October and I know my Mom would have loved what I have been working on, she always loved what I was working on, she was my Mom.
  I have added a y to vintage because my Mom's middle name was Yvonne and my children all have a y in their name for her! So Vyntage Barn is my dream and my Mom's wish for me. I miss her more than words can express, more than my heart can handle. 
  I know that she would want me to keep going and so each day that is what I do, I keep chasing my dream, I keep praying that my suffering will ease, I keep remembering that we will be together again some day. I hold on to that promise as I work on my dream. My Mom taught me to be the woman I am and I will remember those lessons, I will remember the love she shared and I will allow myself to follow her lead, I will be with you again, Mom, at the feet of Jesus.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, Dianntha, this is beautiful! I am so happy you are starting your business!

Love and big hugs to you!
Heather