Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Star wreath First DIY for 2013

When my Mom was with us we used to get around the table and work on crafts while the guys watched the games. So to continue that tradition I made this star wreath as the first project of the year.  It is pretty simple and I think you will enjoy making one of your own. My kids did not craft with me but the were here playing the Wii so at least it is a beginning.


I bought a flat wreath and I had card stock and burlap on hand.
I cut a few strips of burlap and wound it around the wreath to cover the green and to give it a more finished look.


These are the stars. I cut two sizes from a pattern I found on google images.
Once they were cut I glued dictionary pages, music pages and I stamped of few of them. I then distressed the edges of half of them. With the hot glue I glued them to the wreath. It was just that easy. I wanted to add glitter but none of the colors seemed to look they way I wanted so instead they are plain and I guess that is ok! If you make one, let me know. I found my info here.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I really like that wreath. Looks like something I could do. I just fished some old books out of a throw away pile. Just wondering where you buy the distressing ink! Thanks!
Liz

Kristi L (Digital Cake) said...

I love this! I think the stars look great and perfect without the glitter!

Robin Johnson said...

Oh how pretty! I love stars - so going to have to make one for myself.