Saturday, January 5, 2013

Un-Organizing and I am Okay with it!

 So today I thought I would begin to put the Christmas tree and other decorations away. I have been planning this for awhile. I know that my things need to be sorted and organized since I have so much stored in the basement. So I started taking down everything and I sorted them by color and then by item...I had piles here and there....later I went to the basement to begin the sort of all the rubbermaids. Really, I took one look at all that stuff and said to myself, I am not in the mood...this is for the birds...and I put everything in the tubs ever so gently and it was done. Not sorted...but put away safe and sound until next year. I am not sad that I gave up. I am happy it is done. I do not regret considering it but I just couldn't accomplish it this year.
  So the snowmen are out and I am happy to know that the things I packed are ok just as they are and I have decorated this house for 13 years using this method so...I am okay with it.
 But I am still going to do a make-over on my laundry room but I am taking my daughter to take her state boards next week and we are spending some time together at a hotel and shopping and celebrating when she passes. So the make over is pushed back for another day. But that is just the way it is, things that are important come first and my little make-over, well it just isn't that important right now. Enjoy your days...we don't know how many we get.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you've got your priorities in the right order isn't that half the battle won already?
big hugs~

Judy said...

Sounded like a wonderful plan and you will get to it one day. It is away and that will bring you peace of mind on it's own. Can you come help me...it's such an overwhelming task. Getting out is fun, putting away...not so much. Your family time with your daughter sure sounds like fun. Good luck to her. Have a wonderful time!

~Judy~