Thursday, January 3, 2013

After Christmas Treasures


 On Wednesday I spent the day with my sister at an antique store in Van Wert, Ohio. The weather was a freezing 11 degrees when I left home but it was sunny and clear so it was a nice drive. It takes me just over an hour to get there so I put on The Message and traveled.
  We decided to eat  mexican and that was so very good. Then we were off to shop. We both enjoy the shop and have shopped there many times before so we browse and talk and look and talk and well...we spend hours looking around. So I wanted to show you what I found.


Sorry, You will have to turn your head sideways for this one but I found some vintage ornaments and some wonderful icicles. When my Christmas stuff comes down I am going to create a snowy branch and I thought this would be perfect to go along with my winter theme.

And when I found this plate I knew I wanted it for the sentiment. And it looks pretty good with my table decorations.


And when I got home I found this at my back door. My brother and sister-in-law made this for me and I really love it. My brother said that the lights were brand new but when they got here they would not light. But I don't care I love it but it might be too nice to be outside. I might have to find a place for it on the porch!

8 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Antiquing and lunch with a Sister is the best!!!!! great finds, I love the plate.....So sweet the tree, how thoughtful, family rocks!!!!!! Hugs Francine.

cynthia lee designs said...

Sounds like you had an awesome day with your sister!! I'm going antiquing and out to lunch with my friend tomorrow...can't wait!
hugs,
Cindy

Roberta said...

Antiquing and Mexican food; that's a great day out to me! Love your finds and what a sweet surprise from your fam! ~Roberta

My Colonial Home said...

Two of my favorite things...eating and antiquing - can't get much better than that.
I love that tree - it's really cute...but it's all wood so being outside wouldn't hurt it would it?
Karen

Prims By The Water said...

I love antiquing so much that I became a dealer and have my own store now. Enjoyed reading a few of your posts and became your newest follower. Loved your star wreath and those woolie pinecones. Look forward to getting to know you better. Janice primsbythewater.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oooooohhhheeeee - I LOVE the wooden tree. I must have one - another project for next year! You have a sweeeeeet brother!

Gumbo Lily said...

What fun finds!

Robin said...

Your vintage ornaments are awesome. I just love the plate and sentiment. And the tree - how special.