Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Another One Bites the Dust...she is finished!

Good Afternoon Friends, It seems we have had a little disruption of service with our dishwasher. That is, it quit working. We have replaced all our appliances to stainless steel the last few years but our dishwasher just wasn't that old so we left it to be white all by itself.
  So this morning I had to unload all the dirty dishes that we inside and wash them by hand. To tell you the truth it wasn't that bad except I have to wear those silly purple gloves to keep the soap off my hands...it makes them hurt so bad.
  I did a little day dreaming while I worked and I watched a you tube video and well, it was almost delightful.
  Don't get me wrong, I am going to replace it but not for a little while. I am in a challenge for No-spend January so I will have to wait for a few weeks. So for now I am washing, washing, washing by hand and thinking that it really is not that bad...so far.
  Blessings on your day.



9 comments:

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

I remember a rental house we lived in that didn't have a dishwasher. No fun. Have fun shopping for a new one. :-)

Primitive Stars said...

Good luck in buying a new dishwasher, Yey.....Francine.

Tiff said...

Been there done that. When we bought our house it didn't have any appliances, so we bought all new ones. After 4.5yrs, the dishwasher gave out. I was mad because it was a top of the line one and should have lasted, but we all know they don't make things the way they used to. Anyway, I decided we weren't buying a new one until I did some research and we saved some money to pay cash for it. We hand washed dishes for over 3 months! But it really wasn't that bad and I found that our dishes seemed a lot cleaner than the dishwasher was getting them. Of course, after awhile my girls complained enough and we did get a new dishwasher, but I still kind of miss handwashing ;) Made you think before you reached for another new glass for the day.

Good luck!

Tiff

Robin said...

:-( I like that no spend January Challenge. Too bad we are have way through the month and I am just hearing about it. Maybe a no spend February or March is in my future.

Prims By The Water said...

Hmmm..no spend January...that would be so hard for me to do. Good luck. Sorry to hear about your dishwasher. Hope you are able to get a new one in Feb. Janice

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

We found a dishwasher for our Cedar Loft off Craigslist really clean for only $85....we were tickled! Good luck with your no spend January! That's great!

Blessings,
Tammy

Laura said...

Boy, I am right there with you.
I too have been standing at the sink appreciating what I have and appreciating simple things.


Have a great week!

Laura
White Spray Paint

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I detest washing dishes by hand. However, when ours went out, I used it as a strainer when I washed them so I didn't mind so much! I think I just don't like drying!!

Sorry to hear it happened but just think when February comes, you will have matching appliances again!

Donna said...

Oh, this is so funny! Hubby and I were trying to remember how old our dishwasher was just yesterday! It looks EXACTLY like yours except it's bisque instead of white.

I'd love to try to not spend anything that isn't necessary.

Thanks so much for visiting my 'living room' and leaving such a kind comment!

Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage