Monday, December 31, 2012

One Final Thought for 2012


One final thought for 2012

I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day!!!!!

I heard the bells on Christmas day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

And in despair I bowed my head
“There is no peace on earth,” I said,
“For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.”
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

Although I know that Christmas is virtually over for another year, I can't help but post the words to one of my favorite songs. No matter what I have been through this year, and it has truly been hell, God is not dead nor does He sleep....wrong will fail and right prevail...and that is my deepest wish for the new year....peace on earth, good will to men.

4 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Wonderful song.....New Year wishes to you, Francine.

My Colonial Home said...

I haven not ever taken the words of this beautiful song to heart...thanks for sharing.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Karen

sweetvintageofmine said...

He is all that we have! Beautiful words....my prayer for you this year..Be of good courage...for the joy of the LORD is our STRENGTH! Blessings for the NEW YEAR! Roxie

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful. I never really thought about the words of this song. I did not know about your tragedy until you mentioned it. I went back at looked at your earlier posts before we met. I will be praying for you this year for comfort and strength. We know He gives these things freely when we ask!

Love and hugs! Happy New Year, Dear Friend!
Heather