Thursday, December 6, 2012

Fireplace Mantle for Christmas


Here is a little look at our fireplace. This is not at all what I was planning for this year but somehow it came together and I guess I am satisfied with it. This is my oldest daughters hand print from when she was in preschool. She is now 24.
The candles glare a little but they give such a wonderful glow.


A little closer!






Do you remember the stockings that I made a few years ago???? Well, we are still using them and they go pretty well with the rest of the room. So far you have seen the red cabinet and the fireplace and even alittle of the tree. But I promise the rest of the room will be coming soon...and the kitchen...it is looking pretty good too!


2 comments:

Parsley said...

Very festive. Someday I hope to decorate a mantle over my fireplace. I don't have one yet. LOL

The Farmers Daughter said...

Do you do that, too--plan something and then change it? Well, I don't know what your first plan was, but I sure like this one. It's so, so lovely. . . .