Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fall Porch

 For Day 6 I decided to decorate our front porch. It was a beautiful cool day and I did enjoy being outside. I actually did the decorating in the morning before I worked our flower garden that I posted a few days ago.
 The only things I purchased was the wreath and garland. I already had all the other items.
 This is one of the first times I have decorated the porch since my parents passed away.
 I guess I just have not felt like it but since I have joined the 31 dayers I decided I would work on the porch.
 This is what it looked like before I started just grapevine trees and a wreath.
 Pretty drap but honestly, this is how I have felt for the last months and when you are in grief it is difficult to be creative.
 This is the other side. For summer I always add a few chairs.
 This is my pile it items to choose from. I ended up not using the scarecrow in the front but I used almost everything else.
 I am happy with the results and I have had many people notice the porch so I thing it was worth digging my things out. I adore fall and this was a great way to make me smile. When I drove up yesterday I was so pleased that it was done!
Day one of 31 days of fall inspiration  this is the link if you want to start from my day one post!


5 comments:

Angela said...

Love your fall porch. The quilts make it look so cozy. And I adore the grapevine tree. I want one of those one day. Thanks for sharing. Have a good weekend
Angela

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Farm Girl, found your charming blog, enjoyed very much. Your porch looks so warm and inviting, all decked out for Fall, would love to sit a spell with you on it. Blessings Francine.

Janet - underthewillow said...

Your porch looks wonderful Dianntha!

Janet

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

Dianntha, your front porch looks wonderful! I really need to get myself one of those grapevine trees! Love it all.

May said...

I want to come sit a while. That looks like home!