Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Vintage Christmas


This is one of the trees in the living room. I just love it for a change. 2 of the 3 kids love it too..now that's not bad!
My vintage Christmas theme is coming along. I have most of the decorations up and out of the boxes but I had too many quilt wall hangings...some of them were my very favorite ones but I just don't have the wall space to put them all up. Now where did I hang them last year?
Things here are eternally busy. I have a few boxes to carry to the basement and I need to sweep the back porch so I can put up a few new decorations but it is so cold back there....in the twenties and I just keep shivering and well....I will sweep later..LOL
I am going to make up a Thanksgiving menu today so everyone knows what to bring and then...I am meeting my sister for a hair cut. She is nervous but the beautician is good so she needs to calm down....it will look great.
Then I really do need to sweep....I like to sweep..did I say it is just too cold. I have to meet dh at his place of work so one of our cars can get worked on so I am feeling like a taxi and not getting much done.
Well, I am back from all that running around and meeting the dh and the hair appointment...now I am waiting for dd to get home so we can go visit my mom since it is her bday today and I want to stop over and wish her a happy day. I already gave her a present so I think I will pick up a little cake on my way.
Well, I think I will get ready for bed since tomorrow will be a long day. So until next time, be blessed.

8 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh the tree looks just perfect with the red balls on it and the quilted stockings behind! I love it!

I need to sweep, too. But you know my HUSBAND was playing sword with my broom and broke the stick off. Now all it has is a nub. Guess I'll need another broom this weekend or we won't be able to get out the door for the leaves piling up on the deck.

Life is so busy here, right now, too. But the wonderful kind of busy that comes with the holidays.

Smiles,
Lea

Juanita said...

I love the tree!! You sound like a busy lady! And I think it's sweet that you are going to the hairdresser with your sister for support! have a blessed day!
Juanita

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh..I am so behind...

I love your vintage Christmas photo...I am contemplating putting out my Christmas stuff too...the house seems so naked and next week I will be putting all the pumpkins in the yard waste for compost. Plus I'd like the have the house decorated for Thanksgiving instead of after.

I need to catch up on your posts...have a great day!
Hugs,
Robin

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I love the vintage theme..your tree and stockings! My grandmother had a similiar tree at her house on the lake! It brings back lots of memories!

Have you done anything with your swinging shutters?

Tammy

Liane said...

Your silver tree looks so pretty. It must be beautiful by candlelight. I'm still not in the Christmas mood - maybe once Thanksgiving is behind me. .. I like sweeping too - I actually find it kind of relaxing (I know, kinda weird!).
-Liane

Cottage Contessa said...

Dianntha sweetie, I am LOVING all of your Christmas decorations! Oh how I wish we could have a wonderfully cold Christmas like you do! At the moment we are sweltering away and I have a migraine from the heat. Thank goodness we have the house fully a/c or I wouldn't live to see another day! lol Wishing you a wonderful weekend dear friend!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Meggie said...

Hey Dianntha! The metal tree is just as I remembered. It looks great with the red balls. It's been rather nippy here in western PA also. Hope your Mom had a happy birthday.

the said...

I LOVE that tree! If I ever find one, Im buying it, those are so cool!!!