Friday, November 21, 2008

More back porch Christmas


I did take a few more pics of my back porch even though I have a few more things to add. This santa I found at a garage sale a few years ago. He is made from a tomato cage. Many years I don't get him out but this year since I am changing things
this year I found a site for him on the porch.




The large santa is made from a straw wreath and my mom and I made him many years ago. He has hung is so many spots in my home. He is so cheerful and you just have to smile when you see him. So for this year he is haning on the closet door on the back porch right next to the wooden cabinet that I had in one of my last posts.
Hoped you enjoyed this small back porch tour! Blessings.

6 comments:

BessieJoy said...

You've been busy, girl! No signs of Christmas here, yet. We are butchering our first deer today, though! Does that count for harvest festivities? :)
You have a lovely home!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Everything is looking so nice and festive! We're working on it but not as quickly as my son Luke would like. He's been visiting the attic and getting down things on his own. LOL I bet get busy.

Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving,
Lea

Meggie said...

Every year when I see lovely decorations made with a tomato cage I think that I should do it...looks so easy (but I know it isn't!) So far I haven't taken the time to even try. You're right, the santa wreath does indeed bring a smile to my face. Lookin' good, Dianntha!

Farmchick said...

Dianntha~~

Everything looks just lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Have a wonderful day!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Cute decorations! I told DH that I was going to put a tomato cage around my ficus so I could put lights on it and it would look like a Christmas tree at night!

Have a great week!
Hugs,
Robin

Linda said...

Dianntha, your tomatoe cage Santa is so cute...some people are so clever.
Love your silver tree! Hugs, Linda