Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Silver Treasure




For a long time I have wanted a silver Christmas tree. My grandma had one that I just thought was the neatest thing ever. She had the color wheel that made it look so spectacular.
While cleaning out on of our rentals I found the most amazing treasure...when I saw the box I knew what it was but I was afraid that maybe all the pieces weren't there so carefully we took all the branches out of the sleeves and placed them in the little holes and low and behold...what a beauty she is...I was so thrilled. Now my children are not as thrilled as I am but have agreed to use this as our main tree this year. They do each have a tree in their own rooms so really it isn't that big of a problem. I think she is such a treasure and I am enjoying her each day....and smiling!






Kim at Simple Needs is so sweet!! I won her giveaway a little while back and when I found this package on my door step I knew who it was from.
My daughter was so excited that she went for the scissors and opened it giggling all the way.
The box was filled with treasures and good smells so we carefully placed them on the table, took a picture and promptly started finding homes for each and every item. Kim, how sweet you are...Thanks so much and I do hope that you are feeling better, it seems you have been sick way too long! If you have not stopped by to see her take the time to do so...and wish her a get well soon.
I have been so busy the last few days so this week I will start to show you some pics of some of the decorating that I have been working on. I wanted to hang the wreaths in the windows today but I didn't have everything I needed so I will have to wait until I make it to the store.

4 comments:

simple~needs said...

i am sooo glad you got your goodies!! thanks so much for signing up!! i love the silver tree , its beautiful!! you are so lucky to find one.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I'm sure your silver tree will be a delight ~ especially with the memories of your grandmother lingering near.

Smiles,
Lea

Melanie said...

Lucky winner!!! Who doesn't love surprises in the mail!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Good for you..I love goodies in the mail!