Saturday, July 5, 2008

A garden crock


So how has your weekend been? We have been busy...yesterday we went to a picnic with some HS friends and met some new friends too. We had great weather and great food and she had a wonderful home......and I forgot my camera!!!! Well, trust me, it was a really nice home. On my next visit I will take the camera for sure.
We are getting ready to go to the fireworks. Our town always has them on Saturday every year. We take a blankent and some chairs and snacks and drinks...we just sit and have a nice time. This year dh has to work so it won't be as much fun for me but the kids will have fun either way. We packed extra snacks because usually other kids find us and join us for the fun.
I wanted to share a picture of my new find....I found this crock in the bottom of the shed that we tore down. The bottom is broken out but I knew right away it would fit perfectly in my garden. Yesterday I let my youngest pick out some flowers to put in the top and...there you go....instant color. I think it is so cute.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

8 comments:

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh that's a REALLY COOL Idea!! I love it... I found your blog.. just by cruising blogs!!! Yours is adorable!!!

Meggie said...

Cute idea for the crock! Have fun at the fireworks display.

Meggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dixymiss said...

What a great idea!

the said...

Thats a really cool idea!!

Have a great week,
Stephanie

BittersweetPunkin said...

That is a really neat idea...I'll have to remember that!! I'm sure that old crock appreciates being put to use and not being thrown in the trash!
Hugs,
Robin

Linda said...

Neat idea Diannth...it looks great in your garden. Hugs, Linda

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What a great idea to turn that into a "planter". Else it probably would of been thrown out. It looks great!