Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thoughts about Thanksgiving

In my heart, this is what Thanksgiving feels like...a family sitting together and having a grand time just being together. We have to be thankful for what we are given because we only have today. I am thankful for my family.
 For many years my Mother was not able to be with us during Thanksgiving and Christmas. My dad would leave for Florida around the first of November and never look back but oh how Mother missed being with us. I would call her during our day and we would chat and she would try to hide the sadness in her voice but I knew how she was feeling. She loved her children and grandchildren more than anything. She did not like going to Florida and being away from us so we missed so many days together. But how lucky we are that we all knew how she felt about us and she showed us often with her little notes and quick chats. What a blessing she was to us.

  This will be the first Thanksgiving without my Mom. Even though she was in Florida she had a way of making our day special. Often she would buy the paper products and make little candy treats before she left and how could be forget those parkerhouse rolls she would make ahead of time...oh how yummy they were!!!
  So I will now try to make the day special for my kids. Last weekend was my Mother's birthday and I was not about to let the day be forgotten so in honor of my Mom I bought each of my girls a present and from here on out they will get a present on her birthday always. It made me feel a little better knowing that we celebrated her day.
  So this year I am going to be thankful for all those that choose to spend the day with me, I am thankful for the blessings that we have and the love we share. I have not forgotten all you who have been so kind to me during this time of heartbreak...I am so very thankful for you too.
  May your day be filled with laughter and love...hold them close and kiss them...I am so very  blessed.



1 comment:

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving filled with great memories ! hugs lilraggedyangie