Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Project is Started

 My newest projects is finally started. I am working on an Advent Calendar that my dh bought me for my birthday. My eldest dd is helping me put them together. We spend last Sunday putting all the pieces into baggies so that it would be easier to find what we needed. All of the tags are laying on the table so they will look a little different when they are hanging but that will be when I get to the end!
 I do not have them in any order and the jolly  is in need of some bells but the paint was too wet to finish it.
We are  having a delightful time being together and creating new memories. I had a weepy moment when I forgot Mom was gone. I had it in the back of my mind that she was in Florida and when my dd went to the other room for a minute I was going to call Mom and tell her what we were doing. She loved crafts and would have enjoyed this project. Just as I reached for my phone I realized she was gone and I just could not stop the tears in time for my dd to come back and catch me. But in the midst of all that I stamped one of the words upside down and so the tears turned into giggles for a minute. I miss her so much but I am trying my best to make new memories to help ease the hurt. I am so thankful for my children. Thankfulness helps get me through the days. I am thankful for all the time I spent with my Mom and all the time we spent on the phone while she would winter in Florida. I am so very thankful!

2 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

Looks like a beautiful project.

Plain Ol' Vanilla said...

Dianntha,

I can't wait to see this when it's complete. Is it a kit?

Joyce