Friday, July 9, 2010

New wool kitchen rug

This is my new rug for under the kitchen table...i just love it. It is wool with many muted colors. I know in the picture it looks bright but really it isnt....It has the button hole stitch around all the appliqued pieces and to top it off it is has a lovely scent of cloves!! My accent wall in the kitchen is that red color (more cranberry than it looks) and I am thinking of maybe painting it a sage green after the holidays!!
 I found this rug at a furniture in Delaware Ohio....the ladies said it was 50% off so that made it mine! the rug is 5 by 8 so it is perfect when my table is this size. With the two of the girls in college we dont need the table quite so large.
 It has been very hot and I have been putting in time at the rentals so not more for today...thanks for stopping by...be blessed.

10 comments:

Linda said...

This is so pretty...it's looks hand pieced and to get it on sale is great. hugs, Linda

Gettysburg Homestead said...

I just don't think I could bare to put it on the floor. It is so awesome!!!!! At 50% off glad you said SOLD!!!! LOL

Mary

Robin said...

What a great find! I love the rug. I was up .8 lbs this week. Must have been in the hamburgers and salads three days in a row.

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I love this new rug--so colorful- just beautiful. Chapter 2 NUISANCES
★Linda★

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Sorry about the Chapter 2 blurb. I had some city business in my paste.... ★Linda★

Linda said...

Wow that rug is quite the gem. and 50% off great!

Laurie said...

You got that gorgeous rug in Delaware? Getting in my car...heading up Route 23 right now. LOL!

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

CAN YOU SEE THE ENVY IN MY FACE???? DOES IT SHOW...I'm trying not to drool too!
Oh how I'd love that rug - it would be so fitting with my Penny Rug business!
It's just beautiful and what a deal at the sale price.

karen

Amy said...

Love the rug. It would never survive in my house with my accident prone drink spilling 9 yr old son!! I am curious, why/how does it smell like cloves? I love cloves and often put a little sachet of them in drawers of linens.
Amy

natalie said...

Oooooh, that is a great rug. Definitely not one to pass up!