Sunday, July 4, 2010

Almost lIke Christmas in July...

 While I was taking the dog out tonight I saw such an amazing sight...fireflies...sparkling...brilliant...beautiful.  It dawned on me that it was like celebrating  Christmas with all the sparkling lights but this time of year the sparkling lights are free. Nature has blessed us with such a spectacular view of these lights.
  I took this picture off the internet but my view of this was about the same...I wonder if it had to do with all the rain we have had.  Anyways, hope you are having a wonderful 4th of July.
 Blessings to each of you.

5 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

WOW! What sparkles in the tree this summer evening. Little blessings from God.

Jody

Laurie said...

I'm amazed at all the fireflies this year! The last few years have been a little sparse but this year they're rising out of the grass in clouds. The five-year old twins next door are mesmerized. :-)

Tolentreasures said...

We have tons of them in the field across from our house. It is like a fireworks show nightly! Wish that I could get a picture of them!

Cathy

Linda said...

I've never actually seen fireflies, but they are wonderous...just like Christmas fairly lights. What a treat for the eyes and soul....hugs, Linda

Janet - underthewillow said...

I never saw a firefly until moving to Virginia (lived in CA) and they are truly wondrous!

Janet