Sunday, September 20, 2009

The adventure begins...

This has been a rough week..dh lost his job after 27 years...it was a terrible shock.
We have no insurance now so we are checking into what we can do about that for now. But as you know the Bible says..count it all joy so that is just what I am doing. The adventure begins now to see what the next thing is. When our children we small and something..well..not so good would happen..like if the car broke down or we locked the keys in the car, we would say that we were having an adventure so they wouldn't be scared. Well, scared or not..we are having an adventure.
To try to stay focused..I started a sampler for the bedroom that we just finished. It is very simple and doesn't take a lot of concentrating so I find a little relief in that.
I have started to put put out my fall decorations and I will share some pictures with you soon.
Well, I wanted to share a picture of the sample but blogger doesn't want to work with me..so I will share it later. Be blessed

7 comments:

Janene said...

Your attitude is so positive...you are amazing!
I pray that some good will happen soon...maybe a new job or a lottery win :)
God Bless!

NorthwindStar said...

You are such an inspiration! Thank you for reminding me that when one door closes, God always opens up another one. The adventure is passing through His open door and feeling His love guide us to something more wonderful!
God's Blessings be with you and your family.
Alexandria

Melanie said...

Rely on your faith for strength - This happened to my husband 6 weeks ago after 28 years... You'll be in my prayers...

Robby said...

I am so sorry to read that...it would have been a huge shock to you all. I pray that something comes up and you can find another exciting chapter to your life. xxxRobby

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

I know exactly what you are going through. My husband lost his job in 2006 after many years with the company. We put it all in God's hands, which is so hard to do, but it does work.

We are doing fine because I have a good job. It took time for us to heal but you can come through it.

Many blessings.
Maxine

Cottage Contessa said...

Sweetie, I'm sorry to hear this sad news, but you have such wonderful faith and a great spirit that I know everything will work out. Remember, God has a plan for us all and everything happens in his timing. I'll be praying for y'all too.
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Leeland said...

I'm so sorry. This is real tough...
You show such a brave face to events, I do admire you. And you're right. In the end, things will be OK. This could be for the better. I sure hope it will.
Hugs,
Lili