Saturday, January 17, 2009

2009 primitive christmas stockings


Well, I have been working on patterns and designs and so far I have two stockings done. The santa is for my dh and the leaping deer is for our oldest daughter. She is the one that said we were due for new stockings so that gave me the idea that I wanted to go with primitive designs.
All the stockings are going to be black and each will have a different design. I am working on the third stocking and hope to finish it tomorrow. Actually, it is fun to work on them as the storms continue to rage outside. We all chose what we wanted our stocking to have on it and then I went with it. If you like Need'l Love patterns then you will see that I get my inspiration from them.
We started the day at -12 but it actually warmed to twenty but then...well the wind roared and it seemed colder that yesterday. We will see what tomorrow brings. I am plannning on staying warm and working on Christmas stockings yet another day.
Let me know what you think of the stockings so far. Until next time be blessed.

6 comments:

Terry said...

Those really look nice! It's a good idea to work on them now. I get so busy around Christmas it's hard to work on anything new.
I've been stitching too. It's a good to keep busy when it's so cold outside. I really dislike this weather we're having, but today it did make it up to 35, and it felt warm!
Take care!
Terry

CozyGirl said...

The stockings are wonderful !

Tolentreasures said...

Your stockings are beautiful. What are they made of? are they wool? I love them. I need to make one for my granddaughter for at her house and something like this would be really nice with their decor.
Thanks for sharing them with us!

Cathy

Melanie said...

You're going ot be glad you have these come Decemeber... Beautiful.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Your stitching is really nice and even. I love doing handwork, so relaxing. Great work!

Farmchick said...

They look great--love them!