Friday, June 27, 2008

A Pleasant Surprise


A few days ago a storm was brewing in the west so I decided to take down my ferns that hang on my front porch until it passed over. When I took one down I found a pleasant surprise. A wonderful nest of robin eggs. They are so large and blue, just a beautiful site. It really was a wonderful surprise.
So tonight we are to play 2 games at the softball field and the championship is tomorrow morning. It has been a long weeks since it seems to rain almost every night and a least part of these games were to be played earlier in the week. We played on last night and won 14-3. We were suppose to play a second game with a different team but due to rain we play it tonight. I sure hope the girls bring their best game and take this to the championship torrow. This is the third year that we are league champs and hopefully the 3rd year for tourney champs too. LOL I know that sounds greedy but we have paid years of dues building this team so we had seasons of losses a few years ago...now is our time to shine.
I am going to try a new recipe this weekend. If it turns out ok I will post a pic and the recipe....it has plenty of apples so if you like apples stop back and see what happens. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Donetta said...

Oh those are so beautiful Great job on the game.

SweetAnnee said...

Oh so lovely..deena