Wednesday, August 20, 2014

First Try with Annie Sloan Paint


Thought I would share my first attempt with Annie Sloan Paint. I bought a small white dresser and decided I would love to put duck egg blue on top.
As you can see the drawers are white also. I used one of her brushes, you can see it in the picture. I put a coat on the the dresser and thought seriously about not painting the drawers. The paint went on kinda think but did brush out easily.
If you look closely you can see that I left some of the white show through the blue because I was distressing it anyways.
I went ahead and painted the drawers blue also and then I spray painted the pulls white. I then had enough paint to cover a slightly larger dresser that was also white. In the picture you can see that the paint is still wet but again, I think it paints on kinda thick. I did distress it when it dried and it looked pretty good. Somehow I forgot to get a finish picture since we were getting company and we threw them in garage. When I get them back out I will share a picture of them done. I would like to try the paint on top of varnish.

No comments: