Saturday, June 18, 2011

Another Update on my Mom...

For those of you who are following the information on my Mother, I thought I would send a quick update on her condition.
  My Mother is doing alternative treatments since there were no other options for us. Last Tuesday, she took a treatment and the rest of the day she was just exhausted. Then on Wednesday and Thursday she took a turn for the worse, she could not carry on a conversation or stay awake long enough to eat.  I have been beyond scared and sad. I would say that I was crying but as some of you know I cry everyday...I guess I am the crier of the bunch and I did not know that about myself.
  My sister and I spend the night with her on Thursday, fearing the worse...and Friday...Praise the Lord she was chipper again...weak...shaky but she was back to talking. Today, she is weak and shaky but she was eating and talking. She is even thinking about going to my sisters house tomorrow for a short drive. Now I don't know if that will happen but just the thought of her saying she wanted to go...well, I am so thrilled.
 Now, don't get me wrong, I know what is to come...without divine healing, she will not be with us much longer...but I cherish each day....I am so happy we have been blessed with a little more time.
  Tomorrow is Father's day...hug your dad as if there were not more days...because sometimes there aren't!

   This is a tough journey and I know some of you have already been down this road but just a few thoughts. I know that sometimes friends don't ask about Mom because they know it makes me cry (which makes them uncomfortable) but tears don't mean I don't want to talk about it...they mean I am sad. I am sad whether you ask or not but I try to look normal through the pain....I try to...I do...
  If you know someone going through the battle give them a hug and a prayer...that is what they will remember!

10 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

oh, Sweetie~ you take them Good Days with your Mother & yes, live them & cherish them~

Go ahead & cry~ I found going through it with my Mom~ we all re-acted differently~ but all of us felt the same inside like you, saddened~

My thoughts & prayers are with you all everyday~ I think of you all often~ a while back My sister & I were talking I told her about your Mother~ we so wish there could be a cure~ we still wish & pray for miracles~

Big hug to you, Mother, & family~
Teresa

bettyj said...

Take each day and hold on tight. This is so hard to live. Cry when you feel like it, anywhere, anytime. I am so sorry.
As you say a lot of us have been on this journey. It is the hardest to travel.
Bless you and prayers are being said,
betty

Angela said...

As I read your blog today, I felt just like God led me to your blog. I just became a follower. I so can feel your pain as I am going thru something so similar with my own Mom. Hospice was called in on Thursday. I read on down your older post and girl, we have so much in common. My Mom is much older, but when the outlook is not good and letting go is in our future age doesn't matter. I have cried, and feel the same as you , we are a roller coaster ride of emotions. So proud I found you and am so sorry for what life has given you to deal with. God is good and he will never leave us, and I depend on him daily. I have given Mother up to him completely. Please visit my blog and know we can be there for each other thru the dark days. My prayers are with you and your family and your Mom. I am sending you a great big hug thru my tears.
Angela
Thru Nanas Window

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Hold on to each day you have together. As you know (btw - thank you for your heartfelt comment), I just lost my dear Dad and his funeral was today. I cherish each day we've had for the past two years. We're all with you, Dawn

Heidi said...

Sending you a big cyber hug
((((( )))))

I know it is tough. Take each day as it comes and cherish the time you have.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Farmchick said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes. Having just lost my Grandma (6 mos ago) and watching my Mom lose her Mother I know it is very difficult. I know you will find joy along with your tears.....joy in the wonderful memories of your Mom. Please know that even though we have not personally I am still thinking of you and your family....all the way from ND. :)

Debbie said...

~Sweet friend. Thank you for the update. Hugs and Prayers to you and your family.

I was the crier in my family as well. Tears are healing...

Love ya!

Debbie in Alaska

Plain Ol' Vanilla said...

Dianntha,

As the others have said, It's ok to cry, to grieve. God knows your tears and He holds you close.

"You number my wanderings;
Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?"

Psalm 56:8

Hugs,
Joyce

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Dianntha,
Everyone deals with the pain and stress in their own way. I cry, too, and I have learned to not apologize for it. We all have to go through this sometime. You smile for her, with her..... Enjoy her good moments, make memories. I will continue lifting you up in prayer.
★Linda★

Leeland said...

You are so right. The kind words, hugs and good thoughts and prayers, they helped me through with my gran and I remember the persons who acted so kindly with fond love.
I also remember those who acted as if nothing were happening, and that was tough.
You are living some of the most painful moments in a woman's life, Dianntha.
But I know that beyond the tears, you are giving your mum great comfort. When the time comes, she will go and meet her God knowing that she has been loved, and always will be.
Take care, we are praying for you.