Sunday, February 28, 2010

Honor Society and CaHRH



Last week our daughter was inducted into the National Honor Society at the University. This is such an honor for her and for us. She works very hard at her studies. We went to campus to see the ceremony and take her to dinner. I must admit that as a home schooling mom I feel especially happy...all the time and energy has been worth it. She is a senior this year and will have one more year to go to graduate with a degree in web page design and computer graphics.




For any of you that have been following my progress I wanted to show you CaHRH again. I did not have the right color of floss to finish block two so I started block three until I could get to the Craft Gallery. When I went last week they had in all the new market items so I did get to see Autumn at Hawk Run Hollow. It is really lovely too. I did pick up a few of the new patterns and I will show them in a different post.
We did break a record last week...for the most snow fall in February...25 inches in one month was the record, well we are now above that...no wonder it seem like all it does is snow around here. We had a small storm this week where the visibility was low but only about three inches of snow...well enough of that.
I have been doing some cleaning too...I worked on my bedroom and tomorrow I am going to take down the curtains and wash them and hopefully finish that room. I just painted and redecorated it no so long ago so just cleaning it for now.
I helped dh finish our rental.Boy..it has been a long job...now I will run an add and try to get someone who will not rip it up!!!
While I was at Wally world today I noticed how grouchy everyone looked. Is it the weather??? The season??? The day??? I don't know but when you scanned the people in all the lines and shopping they all seemed so unhappy...that is so sad.
Well, I am off to do a little more stitching since I now have the floss that I needed. Blessing to each of you until we meet again.

13 comments:

Ranae said...

Congrats! to your daughter
CaHRH is looking great.
You can send me some of your snow, lol

Gumbo Lily said...

Congratulations to your daughter (and to you!).

Jody

Alice said...

Lovely daughter you have and you have every right to be proud of her. Nice stitching!!! Looks great. ; )
Alice

Debbie said...

Yippee!!! Awesome news about your dear daughter!! Got me teary eyed! I love reading about this! Yippee for you too mom!:)


Debbie

Leslie said...

She is adorable with her honor. Congratulations to all of you! Love your block. What sort of fabric are you stitching on? Are you using aida cloth or something different? It is beautiful.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Congrats to your Dear Daughter...how wonderful!!

I got my new sign in the mail today...hung it near a window in the kitchen, I'll post pics when I'm back up and running. I've got the yuckies...and everything is blooming here in WA. :)

HUGS,
Robin

Casa Pearl said...

Congratulations to you and your daughter - such a wonderful achievement. And your CAHRH looks great - I can't wait to move on to those apples! LOL Thanks for stopping by my blog.

And by the way, I'm an Ohio Farm Girl too - graduated a Buckeye and lived in NE Ohio - Medina County - a large part of my life! Go Buckeyes! Patti

Stitch Wizard said...

Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow is just beautiful and the block with the berries is a very favorite of mine! Your stitching on it is just awesome too! I will love watching your progress! Debby

Meggie said...

Congrats to your daughter for the induction and congrats to you and her teacher. You have every right to be proud of you both.

Sara said...

You have to be surely proud of your daughter!
I love your CaHRH! I am doing it too, together with The Village of HRH ad Shores of HRH. I will start Autumn at HRH as soon as I receive it (which should be tomorrow morning...!) - this is totally crazy I know - but...it's funny!
Thanks for visiting and commenting my blog!
Sara in Italy

Michelle said...

Your CAHRH looks beautiful! Congrats to your daughter!!

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

Congratulations to your daughter! National Honor Society is a huge achievement.

Your cross stitch is beautiful.

My sister lives in Ohio and homeschools her four kids - well she did. Her oldest is a senior in a Christian school. It takes so much discipline and dedication, but it is so worth it. I admire you!

Thank you for coming to my blog so I could get to know you. I need to go back to the beginning of your blog and read. :)

Hugs,
Mary

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Congrats to your daughter and to you!!!!

Mary