Sunday, February 14, 2010

A finish ....I love it.


It has been a while since I posted so I thought I would sit down and chat with you for a little while.
I didn't take more pictures of the snow because I am sick of it and you have to be sick of it too.lol My dad called from Florida and asked if it had all melted yet...are you kidding???? We probably have 16 inches that needs to melt and that will take a little while.
Yesterday I did get on a roll and decided to make a few meal ahead so I browned some hamburger and divided it into two pans. One for chili and one for tacos in a bag.
I made the chili and put it in a crock pot...made the tacos in a bag to eat and the then started another crock pot with chicken breasts for chicken burritos today at supper time. My dd doesn't like chicken much so that is why I made the chili so he would be happy.
I have been decluttering and redecorating. It is so hard to find things that I like to decorate my living room with..after the holidays. Everything was so pretty and sparkly and shiny and then....boring. I am not going to do much decorating for spring since I have a graduation party to get ready for. This year I will just decorate for that and forget about seasonal stuff till fall.
I feel like I need some new inspiration because I seem to have lost my motivation in changing my living room but I am hoping that as the season changes to warmer and warmer weather I will be inspired.
Anyways, the picture is of a freebie that was offered by Plum Street Samplers last Christmas. I so fell in love with it so I decided on Friday to start it and give my eyes a rest from all those peacock feathers on CaHRH. I love the way it turned out and I am going to try to find a frame from my stash so I can get it finished and ready to hang. I choose to stitch it with DMC 498 and I am happy with it. I almost stitched it in all black but am happy that I didn't.
Well, I have a headache so I will leave for now but blessings to each of you.

11 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Dianntha!....your stitchery turned out lovely!

I'm not sure why but I'm not feeling all that motivated to change out all my decor either....granted, spring is my least favorite season because I despise insects and spring is when they all come out, so I'm thinking I will just do a few changes and scale things back a bit too.

I hope you find the motivation you need!

Janet

My Colonial Home said...

I like your stitchery!

Wow, that's a lot of snow....well, we probably have close to that over the last 2 weeks of off and on storms...yesterday the sun was out all day and water ran everywhere it could find an opening in the snow near the edges.

We read in the paper that for the first time in all of history, ALL STATES EXCEPT HAWAII HAD SNOW SOMEWHERE on the ground at the same time....they even tried to find it in the mountains in Hawaii where it is sometimes but not this time. Cool huh?

Linda said...

Hi, Isn't it great to have another finished.
I'm just starting a new project too.
Finally in my new sewing studio.
Linda

Linda said...

Hi Dianntha...what a lovely finish! I like your color choice too. You have been busy...Thomas is wonderful and Christmas at HRH is looking great....I just finished getting all the floss for it. Have you seen Autumn at HRL? I love it...I so want to do it also...just to many pretty things and so little time.

Hope you had a nice Valentines Day....hugs, Linda

Jenny said...

I had to come visit cuz I saw your blog name...I love Ohio. I live in AZ now but I miss Ohio a lot! I'm a new follower!

Busym1 said...

Very pretty stitchery...hugs, michelle

Casa Pearl said...

What a great pice! And there is something about putting away the holiday decorations that makes everything look so bare. I've been fiddling with my home too.

CDR said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CDR said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gumbo Lily said...

It's wonderful and I love the verse.

Jody