Monday, February 2, 2009

Dislocated finger and a new shelf


This is a picture of our middle daughters finger. She shut her had in the van door on Saturday and she had been in pain since then. We had xrays taken and it was dislocated in two places and she has a torn tendon....poor thing. She actually pulled the door with the other hand and I guess she just forgot her hand was in the way. She will be in splint for a couple weeks because it was hyper extended and then she should be fine...but until then she is kinda down in the dumps about it. She has had a hard winter.

I went shopping at a local IGA/Benn Franklin store that is going out of business. The store was swamped with customers because everything was 20%off. I did find two things that I thought I had better pick up because they were the only ones they had. I found this red aged shelf with a towel rack and the tree that is on the top shelf. I filled the rest of it with things I had here and there but it seems like all my cute stuff is still put away. Next week I will have to work on that. I made the little heart wall hanging a few years ago and I did like it on the wall but I like the shelf much better...It is hanging on a wall in my kitchen.
Well, I am finishing a couple projects that I will share another day. Until then be blessed.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Wow She sure did hurt her finger. I have seen children get their fingers caught and the damage is not that bad. I feel for her. Love the shelf and the tree. Its being in the right place at the right time. Linda

Meggie said...

Hope your daughter's finger feels better soon. Cute shelf, love how you decorated it. Guess our nice weather was short lived. Back into low temps we go. Silly groundhog saw his darn shadow today....

Linda said...

Ouchie! That sounds so painful...I hope her finger is hurting less now.
Cute shelf and I like the way you've decorated it. I love the heart background on your blog..everything is looking so pretty. Hugs, Linda

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Bless her heart! That looks very painful! I hope it's better really really quick!

I think you did well with your finds! I love them both! They look nice displayed as you have them too!

Blessings,
Tammy

joyh82 said...

Ouch that hurts. I did that once back in HS playing basketball. Poor thing! Love the shelf.

Cottage Contessa said...

Ouch! Sweetie I'm sorry to hear about your darling daughter. I hope the pain settles for her soon. Love your new shelf!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Terry said...

Oh my....I did the same thing when I was little, but it was 3 fingers. Poor thing...I know how bad it hurts.
The only way it feels better is to hold your hand up in the air...course it's hard to sleep like that. ha! Hope it feels better soon.
Great finds on the shelf and the tree.

Terry

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

Gracious! That looks serious. Just found your blog. Cute, cute stuff!