Friday, November 27, 2015

The Day After Thanksgiving, A Time of Joy

The day after Thanksgiving is always one of my favorite days! I love the celebration of Thanksgiving with family and food but the day after is quiet and calm. We do not Black Friday shop. Our girls are quietly sleeping, dh is quail hunting and I am sitting in my favorite chair watching Christmas movies.
One of the reasons I decorate early is for today...that day when you sit and just enjoy your festive home. When you know that all is well and you can just begin to enjoy the season without the pressure of decorating.
I will begin to share pictures of our festive home in a few days but for today, I am resting.
We will be going to a movie this afternoon and just enjoying a comedy, no stress, no pushing and shoving, just laughing and enjoying the moment. We don't do that often enough.
We need to enjoy the simple things.
Christmas is coming and all is well.
For today I am enjoying my family and my blessings.
Let freedom ring.

1 comment:

Gumbo Lily said...

Wishing you a peaceful Christmas season. I had a slow, resting kind of day today too. Nice.