Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Blessings

Well, here we  go. Thanksgiving is upon us and there is so much to be thankful for. My family has been amazing this year. As I launched a new business and needed their help, they stepped up and helped me. They worked the sales, they brought things they had made. We have laughed and worked together in joy.
  I still struggle with the loss of my parents. They spent nearly everyday with me and when they weren't here we spoke daily on the phone. It has been a very difficult adjustment but with the help of God and my family I am making small strides. I still miss them so much that my heart hurts but I am learning to make my way without them. They would have loved my little business and I can almost hear my Dad giving me his advise, even when I didn't want to hear it. lol I sure miss that...I miss the way my Mom would do those little special things to make things easier for me. Her gentle ways continue in my children and that makes me so proud.
  I now focus on what they taught me and pass it on to my children. Our family has gotten much closer since my parents have passed and let's face it, once your parents are gone your siblings are all that is left of that era.
  My children are thriving and making their way. We have a wedding to start planning and so much more.

My blessings  have multiplied and my troubles have become less. The joy of family and friends has enlarged my heart with thankfulness. I am planning on enjoying every moment of a full house and a happy home. We will eat and talk and and laugh and remember my parents and this year we lost Dan's Mother...we can laugh about some of the silly things she said and did in her later years. We will trade our grief for chuckles of past memories. I am so very thankful for all the blessings that I have received this year and for those to come. I am more than thankful....I am happily thankful.....I look forward with expectation and praise. To God be the glory, great things He has done.


1 comment:

Primitive Stars said...

Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving. Blessings Francine.