Sunday, October 26, 2014

Dreaming!

Today it is 62 and sunny, another beautiful day! I am enjoying autumn so much! I used a few hours today to start to clean and organize the house. Since I have been working such long hours at VB the house is a disaster!  If you look to the left you can see that I started to round things up and put them in the archway. Next they will be put away.
   When I looked at my calendar and the VB open houses it occurred to me that there is going to be no time to get my Christmas out in time for Thanksgiving unless I start very soon. Our Open House is the 7-8 so that gives me about two weeks. I also entertained the idea of maybe this year not getting out all my Christmas stuff. I had to think long and hard about that...could I live with not putting my things about for another year??? Will I be happy when Christmas is here and I just have out a few things???
   Don't get me wrong, I will be happy as long as my family is here! I know that is the most important thing in the world but I adore Christmas. I love the sights and sounds and smells.  I love the way people look happy and smile....and I love decking my home out for the holidays!
  So, yes today I started taking down my fall decorations.
   I 
I am ready to prepare for the most wonderful time of the year and I don't want to miss a single minute of it! I adore Thanksgiving and it is at my home and I am thankful for my family and friends but I am going to celebrate it with Christmas cheer! So today, I begin to clean and organize because Christmas is important and my time before my sale weekends is so short. I am enjoying the leaves and the breeze and the sunshine but my heart is dreaming of Christmas!

No comments: