Monday, February 17, 2014

Buffet Almost Finished!

Yep, I have been working on a few pieces of furniture today. This buffet is almost done. I have primed it, painted it and removed the varnish from the top. Today I was putting a coat of stain on the top and it is just beautiful. I thought it would need another coat but I love the way it is turning out.
I have the matching table that will be finished the same way. I have the table legs painted but I am still stripping the varnish on the top. It will be a great set once it is finished!
And today I sold this set. The new owner did not want it painted and I am so happy because it is so pretty just the way it is.
The detail is so wonderful too.
It has a matching china hutch that I so loved. I had already taken the glass and trim out for the move but all the pieces were there in mint condition.

Oh that trim.
Here is the glass and the trim. I am so happy this went to a family that loves antiques and will take great care of it. I thought I would give you a glimpse of what I am up to! It has been a good day~

No comments: