Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas in My Dining Room


Well, I believe all the decorating is done for now. I did not decorate upstairs this year but I think I have done enough downstairs to make up for it!
  I wanted to share pictures of my dining room today...hope you enjoy the tour.
  I am sorry that the pictures are out of order but I am loading from my iphone and I don't know how to rearrange...so bare with me!
  This is a Cat's Meow Nativity that I found in Amish country. I just love it.
  If you are standing in my living room this is the view you would have. To the left is the white Christmas cabinet and the left the cabinet with the bottle brush trees that I showed in another post.

  This is the full picture of the stand with the Cat's Meow. Again sorry they are out of order.


 I am not sure I ever did show the china cabinet. This is original to the house and full of dishes...I a have a thing for dishes! Above is the Avon  Christmas dishes. Each year my Mom would give each of us one of these plate, the year they stopped making them was the year my Mom was sick..They make me smile and cry...I miss her so!


A closer view of the little house I found. It makes for a nice centerpiece with a bottle brush tree and a sheep.


Now this is the view if you are standing in my kitchen...the living room is on the left, the foyer is straight ahead (that is the front door). I made the holly garland last year and had a tutorial on it also. There are close ups of the cabinet if you go back a few days.



 Oh how I love silver pieces. I use them everywhere...My sister bought much of this set for me and my children bought the rest!  I am enjoying the dining room today. It is bright and sunny but at night is it so beautiful with just a few lights glowing. If you look close you can see my Mom's china in my cabinet! Merry Christmas!!!!! Next...umm..maybe the foyer!

17 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, beautiful and festive......love the glitter house, so pretty......That is really a nice big cabinet , can put loads of dishes in it......Thanks for sharing your wonderful warm home......Blessings Francine.

Gray Bonnet said...

Your china cabinet is just gorgeous. I love your decorations--they really enhance the beauty of your home.

Your dining room table is also lovely and unique! I adore the colors.

Robin said...

Very lovely. Your house is beautiful. Love the built in especially the skates you hung from the door knob. It is all so pretty.

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Very Pretty ~ Shiny ~ and bright! Love it!

Carmen and the Primcats

Martha said...

What a pretty dining room decorated for Christmas. Envy you your built in china cabinet -- hownice one of those would be!

Bernideen said...

I am loving all your decor - very fun things - and thanks for linking to Open house.

The Farmers Daughter said...

So, so lovely! This post would be a great one for our Country Whites Party on Dec 21st! Please join us!
I love your blog--and am following you, too!
Hugs,
Dru

cynthia lee designs said...

Your dining room is so pretty all decorated for Christmas!!
~Cindy

The Farmers Daughter said...

What a beautiful home you have! Love the silver and white--a gal after my own heart! Thank you so much for joining us for Country Whites Weekend! You're like a "charter member"! So glad you joined in.
Farmhouse Christmas Hugs,
Dru

Celestina Marie said...

What a beautiful home for the holidays.
Love your silver and white. Your dining room is so inviting and I love the display on the shelves. So enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Pamela Gordon said...

You have some beautiful vintage decorations and things around your house. It looks like a craftsman bungalow. Beautiful. Merry Christmas!

Old Time Cindy said...

Great holiday decor with your silver and whites. Wonderful home...woodwork, cupboard, doors! Thank you for joining in on our Country Whites Weekend!
Farmhouse Holiday Hugs,
Cindy

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

You have a beautiful home! I especially love your cabinet with the glass doors and shelf for the silver service. The decorations look wonderful.

chateau chic said...

Simply beautiful! You have gorgeous built in cabinets!
Merry Christmas, Mary Alice

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Happy to meet another gal with a dish fetish. I know there are plenty of us out there.lol! Your dining room is gorgeous and I love your cabinets. I too have some of the Avon plates. This is the first year that I didn't pull them out. Love your houses, bottle brush trees, and the lamb. Hopped over from Oldtime Farmhouse. Now following you.
Hugs,
Jann

The Farmers Daughter said...

Congratulations! You had the most visited link at Country Whites Weekend! We'll be featuring you Friday at The Country Farm Home and Old Time Farmhouse! Drop by and grab a Feature button!
Farmhouse Hugs!
Dru

sweetvintageofmine said...

First time visiting your blog! LOVE your HOME and the silver and white! Those were my colors too this year! I am your newest follower! from one sweetie to another~~~Roxie