Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Gathering!

  I have been spending time trying to find the perfect paint color...colors. As most of you know I do not care for  white ceilings and I also need a color for the moldings so I have been spending a lot of time at the paint store. I also have to consider that I have 3 rooms that enter into each other. So all the rooms are going to be painted and all the paint must be chosen before I begin because they have to co-ordinate.
 Now, I need at least 4 or 5 colors...what a problem this has become. I found a color I liked but it was not on a color wheel so I have to find all the colors myself. I also have large woodwork that has a tint of red in the stain that causes come paint to look pink.  So I think I have it narrowed down and will be going to get the paint on Friday and the painting will start on Saturday. One room for now until I get the wall paper stripped off. I am happy to get started on a project. I am just hoping I have found a color I can live with. We will see. ps...we can always repaint, right?
 

2 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

One thing I have done a few times is to paint the ceiling the same color as the walls. Because of the light, ceilings may appear lighter than the walls. I'm anxious to see what color you picked.

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Hi: Please try any color before you buy it or you could make a huge mistake. I am a Color Consultant and advise people all the time. I would love to tell you just how to pick a paint color, especially for the ceilings and woodwork but it is too long to put it here in a comment. Let me know if you would like me to do that: just email me at redesigngal@surewest.net. I would be more than happy to help you. Paint can be so tricky and so expensive.