Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Cool Summer Lunch and another update

 I made a simple cold lunch last week and I thought I would share a few pictures. It has been so hot here and I didn't want to start up the stove or the oven so this is what I came up with. Seafood salad and chicken salad sandwiches..
Broccoli salad and fresh veggies, cheese cubes and a salad.
I did have a few chips and yogurt covered raisins and then I made a yogurt/pound cake dessert with cool whip and strawberries. Everything was simple and easy and cold. I forgot to take a picture of the punch but it was raspberry lemonade with lemon lime soda. What a fun way to make a cold meal but it was enough to satisfy a person who was really hungry! We had a nice time at lunch!
  And for all of you who are prayer for us I would like to thank you for our kindness. I am sure that my Mother remains pain free because you have joined us in prayer! I spent the day with her today and she says she is thankful for each and every prayer. Mom was very quiet and tired today. Tonight we have called the nurse in because for some reason my Moms face has become swollen. Please continue to pray for all of us!

5 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Oh, yes, my prayers continue, Dianntha!
Thanks for reminding me that salad sandwiches are an acceptable alternative these horrible hot days!
★Linda★

MountainBlessings said...

OH that looks so yummy! I know what you mean by not starting the oven. I have been using the crock pot, the house is just too hot!

Your sandwiches and the salads are making my mouth water!

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Your lunch is perfect for a hot summer day~ yum~ even looks pretty~
My many thought & prayers for you Mom & all of you~
blessings
Teresa

Joy said...

The heat has taken away my desire to even eat...but that lunch looks yummy!

Of course, continued prayers...peace and love your way.

Sue said...

Saw that you are following my blog and wanted to come over and say hi. Where in Ohio do you live? There is a contingency of us that meets up every so often for a day of thrift/antique shopping and lunch- maybe you'd like to join us sometime if you're not too far away from us!
It has been so hot here in Dayton. I just came in from tearing down a fence and pulling up a brick paver patio! We are having landscaping done and I thought that this would cut some $ off of the estimate. Let me tell ya, manual labor is hard! So glad my part in this project is done, LOL
Glad to hear your mother is not suffering too much. There is power in prayer!
Leave a comment when you can. :-) Sue