Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The highs and the lows

  Yesterday my daughter called me to say she had just picked up her cap and gown for graduation. She was so excited and I was just as excited for her. She is a good student and will be graduating with  honors at the University. We giggled and laughed about all the things she is finishing in the last 10 days to prepare for graduation day.  I think I am enjoying this celebration even more because I missed my college graduation...4 years of hard work and I was so sick for about 6 weeks and I was unable to walk...I just received my diploma in the mail...what a disappointment that was, reguardless it is a joy to know she is so close and she has been so successful.
  Yesterday, I took my Mother to her first radiation treatment. We were happy to spend time together but it was a long day and she was exhaused.
   Yesterday, was a day of extreme emotions. Be blessed.

7 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

I know it's been a while since I popped in...catching up now. Please know that I will keep your Mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
Robin

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to see what you're going through with you dear mother. I understand how painful this all can be. Luckily Petal ( my DH) is still fighting the battle and hopefully winning.
My thoughts are with you at this time.

Congratulations to your daughter. You must also be very proud of her.

Hugs Maa.

My Colonial Home said...

Bittersweet moments...I guess as we get older we have them....what a blessing we can see the good in all of it.
Congratulations on your daughters graduating and praying for healing for your mother.
Bless you.
Karen

Linda said...

Congrats to your daughter. I am sure you are so proud of her.
I am so glad that you are there for your Mother to help her through this difficult time. Will keep you in y thoughts and prayers.
LInda

Rugs and Pugs said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. It is so difficult. My mom died a year ago this month and it's still so hard to believe. Thankfully she lived to be 90 and that the Good Lord did not allow her more time on earth.
Congrats to your daughter. You have much to be proud of.
Prayers coming your way.
Lauren

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! from reading your posts you are very busy with your mom and daughter so I really appreciate it:)

Rondell

Meggie said...

Good-ness, Dianntha! I just stopped by to catch up and am horrified about your Mom's physical condition. So glad that you have something positive to focus on like your daughter's graduation. Lots of thoughts and prayers headed your way.