Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Few More Days have passed and Most Bad News

 Well dear friends, time continues to pass and at each visit to the different doctors' offices we find no encouragement. We continue to enjoy spending time with my Mother. She is having many good days and no pain. The doctors are so amazed but I know it is due to prayers of friends and family. I do want to thank you and ask you to continue to pray for her...we are just so thankful for your prayers.
  This week we did visit the James Cancer Hospital, which is suppose to be the best in the midwest but they offered us some radiation treatments for her back  and chemo in a clinical trial which we are not considering at this time. They have told us that her time is very short but I know the Lord is the one who numbers our days so with that knowledge we continue to try to spend our days with her. She spends most of her time in a chair or napping in her bed. This is almost unbearable if you saw her last October, before they went to Florida, working in her gardens and spending her time with her family.
  I spend my days helping her as I can and at the same time trying to hold my family together. We continue to plan for two graduation parties and I must say we have some amazing friends who have offered to help with some of the details. Sometimes I address the envelopes in between tears...praying that we will all be there for both of my daughters graduations. 
  Spring is just beginning to show it's face here. We are having may cold days and much rain but once in a while the sun peeks out to give us a hope of days to come. I have a few tulips popping and a few flowering trees and many leaves to rake but it is Ohio and that is just the way it is.
  Tomorrow is Resurrection Sunday and I am so thankful that Jesus took our place on that cross that we may spend all eternity with Him.  We rejoice that the grave is empty!!! We covet your prayers for our beloved Mother.
  


4 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Happy Easter to your entire family~I pray you all enjoy it to the fullest and that it is a great day for you Mother!!!
Prayers,
Teresa

simple~needs said...

my thoughts are with you and your family. treasure this coming Easter and all the rest of the days ahead... i have been in your shoes - only it was with my grandmother. grandma did the trial meds, went to john hopkins and "the james". i know it helped and gave us more time with her. they had given her 3 months and she made it another 4 years before she passed away. we took lots of silly pictures, recorded grandma telling us jokes and stories about when she was young. i truely belive that God let us have this extra time with her to show our love just a little bit more. please consider getting the assistance of hospice. it helped us all..

Linda said...

Dear Diannatha, I haven't been blogging lately and I was so saddend when I read of your mom's recent diganois and how ill she is. You all are in my thoughts and prayers...Easter blessings to all...hugs, Linda

Tracey said...

I am so sorry Dianntha- I know this must be so hard.. I will be praying for you and your family- and am glad your mom is holding up and not in any pain. Prayer is a powerful thing! Hope you had a blessed Easter.