Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving Moments

 Hello Dear Ones,
  We are now counting the days till Thanksgiving.  The time is drawing near. Thanksgiving has always been a magical time at our home. A time to celebrate our blessings with our family.
   When our children were younger we would have a large game of football that we named the Turkey Bowl. We  would spend hours out in the yard giggling and laughing and just plainly having a wonderful time. One year it rained and the Turkey Bowl went on as planned...everyone was drenched but we loved it just the same. Somehow,  that  yearly tradition faded away but  nothing can remove the memories and the sounds of the laughter in my heart. Much more simple times...now the kids are just edging on the twenties..some a little over...some a little under...where have my sweet small children gone? Now, they are busy young adults and the thought of a football game is no longer fun.
    I am so thankful for the memories and for the time that we continue to share together. When the Aunts and Uncles and cousins gather together for stories and laughter...for games of Mario brothers bring cheers....yes...I am thankful.
   Dear Ones, draw those you love close to you and hold them tight...don't spare on the kisses or the compliments. Let peace reign the day....joy and laughter be the memories when the day is over...cherish it...

   This week I will continue to share my thoughts and memories of Thanksgiving...be blessed.
  

3 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

The days they slip by so quickly, don't they? Wishing you and yours a memorable, joyful Thanksgiving.

Jody

Farmchick said...

What a great post...it brought tears to my eyes....really. My children are growing up so fast. I lost my Grandma two weeks ago so this will be our first Thanksgiving with her. :(

I would love for you to link up to my Christmas swap....it's easy and I would love have any of your family recipes, crafts, traditions listed on my swap. :)

Come check it out and say hi! :)

Linda said...

Time does pass so quickly but I am so thankful for all the wonderful memories that keep good times and loved ones close to my heart...hugs, Linda