Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Wild...crazy tale........

I have such a story for you.....first, let me say, the events I am about to tell you about are true and they all happened today!!!!
My Mother, my two daughters and myself went shopping today. Then to a restaurant for some lunch. The restaurant was almost empty but it still took 35 minutes to get our food...but that was ok because we were almost done shopping...just one more stop.
After leaving our last store...my van would not start...try as I might...the battery was dead. I have been a member of AAA since 2006 and never used it so today was the day ( or so I thought). I called and after being on hold for way too long...finally they were sending someone...within 30 minutes. At 30 minutes they called and extended it for another 20....said he was on the way and we were next! After 1 hour and 3 minutes I decided I had enough and started walking to a muffler shop. They were kind and generous and came right away...jumped the van and checked my battery. It needed replaced and I decided to just do it right there. Once they started working on it I decided to call AAA back to say that no one ever did show up. The girl on the other end of the phone could have cared less and said there was nothing she could do....(at this point I am very agitated)...I tell her I want to talk to her manager...after being on hold...too long...he tells me about the same stuff...nothing he can do but the guy is on the way. He says the guy had been broken down and that was the hold up. Now if this is true...wouldn't they have called me to let me know there was yet another delay and send someone else>?????? After much discussion I told him that I pay over $200 a year for a service they did not provide....and didn't care that there was a problem.... So I explained that I really wanted the AAA service for our 3 teenage daughters so they would not have to climb out of the car and go get help like I did. He just wanted to argue and I hung up... Then the man in the repair truck pulled in...waved and motioned me over to his truck. Are you kidding me...I was not about to walk over to his truck and see what he wanted...I just walked back inside the muffler shop and ignored him.
We drove about 3 miles and ran into a hail storm that forced us to pull over until it passed....there are dents on my hood...
I have been laughing about all this as I told the story, although, it wasn't too funny at the time. The men at the muffler shop were wonderful and we did get home with a new battery and a pledge to call AAA tomorrow to further discuss this problem.
Maybe I should have stayed home. I hope you are laughing because after much frustration I can now see the humor!!!
I didn"t exercise today but I did eat healthy and we are all home safe and sound...a little more wise and a lot less confident with AAA....but we are fine! Enjoy your evening!

11 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Too funny, although I do have AAA again, I didn't for many years after an incident in Chicago that had us stuck there for three days and no one cared. Frustrating! Good that you can laugh about it all though!

Cathy

Lydia said...

I had a similar incident with AAA and that is why after many years I no longer have them either!! Glad you were able to find some help.

Linda said...

What an unforgetable day...thank goodness you can laugh about it now. I hope you get some satisfaction when you talk with them tomorrow..hugs, Linda

Meggie said...

Wow! That's quite an ordeal. Fortunately I've had very good experiences with AAA. Hope you are able to settle things with them. Keep laughing, Dianntha!

Linda said...

Oh my goodness too funny. I wonder if you were really talking to a manager or just someone else who manages the calls. We have used aaa many times with no problem, but Bell Canada is another story. Someday I will tell you. Glad you made it home safely and had a great outing with your family.

Janet - underthewillow said...

I'd surely change insurances Dianntha!!....I've heard that about AAA that they offer the service and don't provide!....so glad you got it all straightened out!....definitely sounded like one of those days!!

Janet

My Colonial Home said...

Oh yes, you have me giggling! lol
There are days like that aren't there...but why when it was supposed to be a fun day out...but then again, better than if you were on an important errand or something like that...AND nothing happened that was going to cause someone injury...so you came out quite well I'd say...BUT YOU LET AAA HAVE IT, OKAY!!!

Karen

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

AAA is worthless. The FIRST time I needed it I was told that " We're sorry but there is no one available to help you~ there's nothing we can do!" I know exactly how you felt today. I called them and demamded my membership fee be returned! Go Get Um!
Beth

A Primitive Homestead said...

From your post and the comment's you have received I believe AAA would not be something I would look into. I have never had it. So good you can still laugh. Most of all it is good all of you are safe and sound after your day out.

Leeland said...

Hi Dianntha! Just wanted to wish you a happy mother's day.
Hugs,
Lili

Amy said...

What a story!! I felt your pain as you told each new part of the stressful day. Glad you could laugh afterall.
Amy