Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Our home town antique business...such fun




This is the store front of the antique store in our town. There are always interesting items on the sidewalk as you pass by...just so you can browse and get a sense of what you might miss if you don't stop in. Once you enter there are so many wonderful treasures that it is difficult to see everything in just one visit. This is the store that I purchased my bed from last month and some special items for Mother's day that I can't mention just yet.
The owners are friendly and easy to talk to as you browse through their items. They are helpful and always interested in holding a conversation if you so feel inclined. This is a "must visit" place if you cometo our small town. You will receive a home-town welcome for sure.




Anyone collect thimbles? I thought this container represented all the tender, loving stiches that women have made for their families throughout the years. They are so colorful and sweet...It almost make me want to start a collection of my own.


When I spyed this rocking chair I could see it in our farm kitchen...Grandma sitting there enjoying the grandchildren while I made a hot cup of coffee with steaming hot rolls and fresh strawberry jelly. The chair just begs you to take a seat and enjoy.



There is a box full of vintage clothes. They are pressed and so wonderful...you just have to hold them in your hand to understand the history behind such wonderful details in the sewing. If you get a chance you just must stop by and see for yourself.

3 comments:

Cottage Contessa said...

What a darling country town, and that shop looks like it holds some wonderful treasures! That rocking chair would be perfect for my daughters room all painted up white! Hope you're having a great week Dianntha sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Meggie said...

I LOVE small town antique stores! The folks, like these, are usually so accommodating. Your purchases sure are lovely. The rocker is a real find!

Kelli said...

I would love to visit such a sweet store! The rocking chair is wonderful!
~Kelli