Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year..and a near miss....

We were home and happy for the beginning of the New Year...but earlier in the evening...around 6pm I took my daughter to her friends house and we saw a drunk driver. At first I thought maybe someone was eating or talking on their cell phone because they kept weaving but when we got to the 4 lane highway...they turned onto the ramp headed the WRONG way. There were 5 cars around me and we all stopped. I pulled out my cell and called the local police...I was scared. I dropped my daughter off and don't you know this person must have turned around because they were in front of me again...and turned onto a 2 lane state rode ...now I wasn't sure if I should call the police again since they were now on a different road and I knew the police were searching the wrong area...so yes I did call again...and this car pulled into a parking lot and I told the police where they were....I don't know what happened but that was not the way I wanted to end my year...of course it was better to end the year that way than to start the new one that way....anyways we are safe and happy looking forward to an enjoyable day.

4 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

I'm glad you reported this driver. You probably saved a life!

Happy New Year!
Jody

Meggie said...

Dianntha: Happy New Year to you and your family. So glad that you were able to avert the drunk driver. Isn't that a scary situation?

kari and kijsa said...

How scary! Glad you reported this, and hopefully a potential tragedy was averted! Here is to a fabulous, fun, prosperous, safe and healthy New Year!! **clink**

blessings,
kari & kijsa

BittersweetPunkin said...

You did the right thing! You proly saved a tragedy from happening...good for you!!
Happy New Year!
Blessings,
Robin