Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Blessings

Here we are, the weekend before Christmas and I am taking a moment for a few thoughts. As most of you know, I adore Christmas. When I start decorating for Christmas my heart flutters. This year I spent many days in the shop, also decorated for Christmas and it was glorious. This weekend we begin celebrating with friends and family, well actually it started Monday night with our first party!
  Today I am thinking about our girls. The three of them have had wonderful years and we are so proud of them. I have heard them saying how excited they are for Christmas...and I am hoping that their gifts will bring a sparkle to their eyes.
  I am thinking of the way my Mom celebrated Christmas, all the decorations and food...cooking and candy making and with such care she would try to get each person just the right gifts!
  Now it is up to my sister and my brother and myself to do the same. My home is ready, the candy is made and the gifts are bought. Don't get me wrong, I know that Jesus is the reason for it all...he gave His life for others and that is just what I am thinking of...dreaming of...working for....the Love of Christ. Those words that say..you have done a good job, my daughter.
I am nostalgic and dreaming and holding others dear to my heart.
We will be celebrating for the next two weeks and I am happy, I am sad, I am ready but I don't want it to end. Such mixed emotions. My heart is full of Christmas past and present...I am blessed beyond measure.
 My husband, my soul mate, deserves my time and attention. He will receive a present of his dreams as well..but I can't share that just yet. Yes, this is a Christmas that dreams are made of...a Christmas of blessings and family and friends. I am blessed and I thank God for each day. Merry Christmas, dear friends. May His glory shine throughout the season on you and your family!

No comments: