Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Furniture Pieces for Spring!

The last few weeks I have been working on a few more furniture pieces. Between the weather and my limited space it really has been difficult. However, I found this stand and it was in need of a little work so with a hammer and a little paint I have transformed this little oak stand. I had a dark varnish and little else.
  I love the way the wood is showing through the paint.
This shows it a little better!
I loved the color so much that I dug out a bookcase that was waiting for it's paint and also shared the green paint!
With some distressing it is just perfect. Maybe I am loving the green because of the long winter but either way I am loving this color!
I also found a light that seems to continue the green theme! This will be so cute once it is huge up! I have a few more pieces to share tomorrow!

3 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

I always love to see what you're doing with paint and furniture.

Gumbo Lily said...

Check out this link (from This Old House) for repainting a dresser. They leave some wood and paint. I love the look.
http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/article/0,,20779497,00.html

Prims By The Water said...

Love it all Great job! Janice