Monday, February 21, 2011

Mini Bathroom Make-over

 After posting a few days ago about my bathroom make-over I thought I would show you the results. This is only a mini make-over because there is no demo and no painting, just decorations. I have never really gone for a beach feel but I love the colors so here we go.
This is one of my favorite areas. I thought the reflections were awesome but you might like it better without so here is another shot.
There you can see it without the light.
This is a shelf that stays up..and most of the time the metal design stays up too.You can see in the mirror that the self is across the room and shows in the reflection.  The bird is a contribution from my sister. In real life it actually looks better than you are seeing...hummm.
This is close to the shelf...an oak dresser that hold our unmentionables. Both candles are suppose to have a star fish but the clerk must have broken one when she bagged it so I will have to replace it this week but you get the idea.

I left the tag on the basket because I wasn't sure if it was too much clutter but I do love the colors..here is another view.




Now you can get a better idea. That is the shower curtain on the left so this basket is very close. What are your thoughts?
 If you have been following in then you know this is the bathroom I am always decorating but I wanted to get a start before summer since our our youngest graduates this summer. This is one bathroom that many will use as well as my Paris bathroom that I finished last spring.  Tell what you think...I can always change my mind and take it all back. I love the pop of color that's for sure. Be blessed. (ps keep praying)
 I have joined in at Metamorphosis  Mondayhttp://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ take a look at the wonder things going on there.

10 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Pretty~ beach bathroom!
prayers for you Mom & the family!
Teresa

Linda said...

I like! Pretty colors and pretty accessories too...I'd keep the basket, I like it with the towels...hugs, Linda

Heidi said...

Love your bathroom. I do not think the basket is too much clutter. But I love using things sitting around to create a nice atmosphere. I have a chandelier in my upstairs bathroom and love the way it reflects too. Your whole room looks great. Photos of our bathroom are on my other blog TheCranberryChronicle if you want to peek.

No news yet on your mother?

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Moonpie primitives said...

I love your new bathroom...It is so light and airy...Great job...
Take care, Nancy

Debbie said...

It's beautiful. I love it all, including the basket!! Come do mine!!! LOL

God Bless~
Debbie Jean

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Very cottage-y, shabby-chic.
Very spring.
I like it-- a lot!
★Linda★
Please consider getting rid of the word verification!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your bathroom...very pretty!! I have a light like yours, but it is hanging above my kitchen sink...love it!! I would keep the baskets...looks great with the towels in it.
~Cindy~

Unknown said...

Love it! The colors are awesome together...love the browns/tans/aqua's - very seaside but not in your face.
Great job

Karen

Meggie said...

I like the basket and would keep it. If/when you get tired of it, there will be many other uses for it.

Gumbo Lily said...

I like the bathroom makeover. Well done.

Jody