Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Trees...and more trees




Yesterday I purchased 12 norway spruce to plant along our property line. Dh and i decided we might as well get started planting so...away we went. The ground is still damp from all the rain and the digging wasn't too bad. We lined everything up, placed them in just the right spot and started digging.
I will admit I only dug three holes and dh dug the rest...guess that is why I didn't start until he got home from work.
We had a very pesky neighbor and we are hoping this will help with privacy. We have decided we need 7 more trees so I guess I will be more digging today....or tomorrrow.
For those of you who were with me last summer you will remember this is the site of the building collapse. We are still trying to get the grass to grow...but actually this is good compared to the beginning of the season. Until next time, be blessed.

4 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

They should look wonderful! Don't you hate pesky neighbors...one year I planted corn, took awhile to block them out but I had some peace when it was high enough.

Cathy

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Wow...that looks like lots of work, but how pretty that will be when they all get more growth on them too!

Tammy

Donetta said...

Hello, Trust your well.
Wonderful to hear of trees being planted.
I'm "diggin it" :)

BittersweetPunkin said...

I thought I was the only one with pesky neighbors...LOL.

You really have been busy...well..you always are! We are getting a lot of rain again too...so much for a sunny extended forecast...I think we got ONE sunny day out of the whole 5 so far!
Hugs,
Robin