Saturday, August 16, 2008

Painting done




Well...we finally started another big job at our home...painting our house. I really hate to paint and the thought of starting is overwhelming. But my dad pushed me into starting so my goal was to finish painting in three days. So I put on the old paint clothes...bought new brushes and convinced the girls to get involved. So my mom and dad..and my three girls started painting and after 10 hours of painting I was still painting on the front porch...how discouraging. So on day two my oldest daughter had to work so we were down to 5 painting for the day...but the girls completed the bottom third of the house all the way around. They were very excited about being done with their share...but I had only finished the front porch and half of the south side...my feet hurt and I was exhausted but I was determined to finish in 3 days. The entire time I was painting my dad was in the bucket truck slinging paint....moving ever closer to our goal...
So while we were painting on day 3...out back they were digging in the water and electric lines...what a mess our yard has become. I know that there is nothing to be done about it but sometimes I get overwhelmed with the amount of work there is to put it all back together.
Many of you commented when I was discussing changing the color of paint on our home so I took your advise and left the colors the same...it did make the painting much eaiser and now that we are done I am happy with it. I still have the porch floor to paint but that is oil base paint and will take much longer to dry and so I decided to wait until Monday to tackle that job...then i will post the finished house!
We did meet my 3 day goal but that was painting for 10 hrs one day and 7 the second day and 12 the third day...I guess I must be a goal oriented person because I knew I was not stopping until it was done on the third day.
So....now that job is done...on to the next one. What have you been up to? Until next time, be blessed.

7 comments:

Meggie said...

I know what you mean about setting a goal for such a job. Except I'm not as strict with myself as you, Dianntha. Your results look lovely so far. Can't wait to see the finished product.

BittersweetPunkin said...

I am glad you are seeing the fruits of your labor!! Soon it will be done and you can enjoy the Fall....the house must look nice and fresh...
Hugs,
Robin

Linda said...

Huge job...but it is looking great! I know you will be so happy when everything is finished. I'm happy you kept the same colors...easier to paint but I really like them too.
I'm thinking fall also....love your picture. Hugs, Linda

simple~needs said...

i feel your painting pain!! we painted 2 months ago. why does it seem so easy on tv?? :)
i am adding you to my fave blog roll

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Thansk for coming over and leaving a comment. I LOVE meeting other Ohio gals!!!! What a beautiful house and colors you picked. I will have to come back and read about your new building so that I am in the loop. LOL.

Awesome auction finds and I LOVE your painting too.

Mary

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Thanks for stopping by for a visit:)
I love that picture and your house looks great, love how it looks.
*Rondell*

Linda said...

Hi Dianntha..just checking to see the latest. Hope all is going well...Hugs, linda