Saturday, April 21, 2012

The make-over is moving so slow!!

  Well, I am still working on my home when I have time but with the grass growin and the lawn needed mowin it is going slower than I want. I put this together a few days ago and yes I know the picture frame is empty but I wanted to make sure I wanted it there before I decide what I am putting in it.
Remember the picture frame where I added the keys well I  moved it from the kitchen to the living room with this new accessory. But I am not sure I am wild about it. It has been there all week and still I am not liking it that much so it will probably make way for something else.
  I have been looking for a new piece of furniture. Mostly I want it to be large and antique...chippy and scrolly....now is that asking too much..lol. So I am scouring the local auctions for such a find.

  I have also been waiting for the painter. He is going to remove the wallpaper from my foyer and then give it a new coat of paint. I am just too afraid to climb the scaffolding again so he is coming this week and I will try to keep you posted on the progress. I am hoping to get moving on things and finally seem the rooms become more like what I have in mind instead of a mess...like they are right now...so stand by for some upcoming action.
  I have days when things seem to be a little better but there are days that the grief still win and tries to steal my joy. But I know that I have friends and family who help get me through and I count on them more than they know. I have seen such compassion in the last few months and many of you have had such sweet word of kindness. Please continue to hold me in your prayers.

2 comments:

Leeland said...

I just wanted to say Hi. Lovely pics of a fantastic makeover, you are so talented...
Hugs.

Robin said...

It takes times. We all process our grief differently. Hopefully there will be a time when you can go into you garden and feel warm and fuzzy by remembering the time planting with your mom and not have the sting of your losses hurt. In my prayers....