Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fall is slowing moving onto my back porch!

As promised...I gm going to show a few more pictures from my back porch. this is the only area that I have started to decorate for fall. I really am wanting to take down all the decorations on my front porch and switch them out but it might be just a tad too early for that. This little wooden bowl is holding some of the things we made last week.
This little owl is the one I purchased at Holly Hills Primitives...and it is just too cute.
We also made a few pumpkins that are made out of a sleeve of a sweater. They take about 4 minutes to make and they are just fun and cozy!! I will show a  few of them tomorrow.
 For today, I am going to put some laundry away and I am thinking of changing the bathroom from summer to fall....if I have the energy for it...lol
  We did get our rentals rented yesterday...and two hours later another called and he is moving this weekend...well at least for 2 hours we had them all full. Such is the live of rental properties. Just when you think all the painting and clean and fixing is done....not. Oh well...even that will not ruin my mood!! blessings to each of you

12 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

That is such a cute little owl!
It is after Labor Day---time for fall decor! Put away those summer things and get out the punkins! 8=)
★Linda★

Gumbo Lily said...

I am anxious to hear how you made the pumpkins. Love that owl!

Jody

Holly Hills Primitives said...

It sure is that time of year! I don't think it's too early to decorate - it is after Labor Day! Thanks for showing pictures of the shop and the little owl and hope to meet you on your next trip. Dawn

Laurie said...

Love the little sweater pumpkins. :-)

Tolentreasures said...

Great decorations! I remember the rental business. Good Luck!

Cathy

Farmchick said...

So cute...love everything. :) Yup...fall is creeping into our home too. ;) Come say hi.

Ineke said...

Such a great idea to use old sleeves for making pumpkins.
I love your fall decorations.

Donetta said...

your decorations are inspiring me to craft soon

Stephani said...

Your decorating is delightful! Exactly what I love and decorate with myself. I loved reading about your jaunt to Michigan. We are moving to Ann Arbor in June and your post just increased my excitement!

Meggie said...

Cute fall decorations, Dianntha!

Anonymous said...

I also want to know how you made the pumpkins! You are so good about decorating your home.

Linda said...

Oh...the pumpkins are so cute and I love the candy corn...how did you create them???? Dianntha,your little owl is darling....I went and visited that shop and it is the neatest place...I enjoyed her blog too, I saw so many cute things...I'd love to go there..have a happy weekend. hugs, Linda