Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Walking schedule

Well, sorry that it has been so long since I posted...I guess time just got away from me. I have been visiting some of you and enjoying all your posts...you are all so interesting.
This week I have decided to step up my walking routine. I normally walk for 45-60 minutes each morning. I love being outside and I like the quiet during that time of day. Lately, I decided to walk for the same time in the morning but I want to walk and additional 20 minutes in the afternoon. So I am trying to get between 7-8 miles each day. Of course yesterday it was so windy and cold that I knew there was no way I could get in that much walking without freezing...so I decided to ride my daughters exercise bike...I rode for 4 miles. I don't know if that is close to burning the same amount of calories but I figure that as long as I am burning calories that is what matters. So far today I have in 4.5 miles so after dinner I will verturer out for another walk and hopefully meet my goal for today.
Not much more to say other that...maybe something more interesting for tomorrow.

6 comments:

Meggie said...

Sounds like you're burnig those calories galore, Dianntha. You go, girl!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Good for you Dianntha....wish I had an exercise bike...then I could use it and catch up on my reading at the same time!
Hugs,
Robin

Leslie said...

Wow, I am impressed. That is a lot of walking. Good for you! :)
Leslie

Bunny McCoy said...

I say ALL movement counts and is better than nothing. I think bikes burn a little less calories, but not enough to forgo them all-together. Good for YOU!

Priscilla said...

Goodness! You are getting in some exercise, I enjoy wallking too, but I have been avoiding it also with the winds, Keep up the good work, and well done for not letting the winds put a stopper on the exercise!

Priscilla x

Linda said...

Hi Dianntha, what a great program you have going. I thinking walking is the best...not only are you burning calories but it's great being outdoors. Keep up the good work. Linda