Monday, September 17, 2007

Our biggest pumpkin


My dh is such an avid gardener...he gardens for relaxation. I have been telling you about our giant pumpkins and we finally harvested all of them. He is balancing the biggest one...it weighs 101 lbs. What fun we have had watching each of them grow. Today I began mowing off the pumpking patch and discovered a few more pumpkins we had missed....but for this year the harvest if over. When I get our roadside stand set up I will post another picture so you can see how beautiful they truly are!!!

5 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

WOW!!

Jody

Bunny McCoy said...

I wish I knew how to type that sound on cartoons when somone's jaw drops open like iron hitting the floor because that's what I heard in my head when I saw this!!! Kazowie!!!

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Oh my! With our annual pumpkin carving party come up ~ I wish we lived a little closer so we could buy some from your stand. That is amazing!

LBP said...

Hello! I just found your blog through Gumbo Lillies and it is so beautiful! I love your fall decorations.

I have planted pumpkins for two years straight and have yet to get the 1st pumpkin. :( It blooms, then dies. What is the secret?

Karen said...

Now that is one big pumpkin. What are you going to do with it, carve it or leave it as is.

Hugs - Karen